→ 01 Nov 11 at 9 pm
If you don’t know who Gerhard Richter is, you’re in for a treat.
His Overpainted Photographs series plays with found and discarded 4x6 snapshot images. Over the years, Richter spread the excess paint from his palette on top of the images, obscuring some aspects of the images, and calling attention to others. The work exposes the two-dimensionality of the photograph and brings to question the trustworthy nature of a photograph as an accurate document.
- burningdownwonderland likes this
- teafordaisy reblogged this from laid-bare
- printsandotherthings likes this
- w-histles likes this
- nathaliedayan likes this
- iheartpublicart reblogged this from laid-bare
- goodbison likes this
- dysheveled likes this
- applesjoos reblogged this from laid-bare
- bevansauks likes this
- laid-bare posted this